'The carnage in Gaza is not about Hamas rockets'




DEATH TOLL IN GAZA NOW OVER 200 SINCE JULY 8 AFTER ISRAEL BEGAN BOMBING THE STRIP.



"What  if Hamas dumped all their rockets in the sea tomorrow? Would Gazans  enjoy the same freedoms as other nations? Would they be able to open  their sea port to foreign ships and rebuild and operate their airport?  Would they be able to import and export and carry on trade and develop  their economy and prosper like other countries?   Would they be allowed to exploit and develop their offshore gas field? Would  their fishermen be allowed to fish in unpolluted waters? Would their  young people be able to come and go and take up places at foreign  universities?   Would  Israel clear out of Gazan airspace permanently? Would the Israeli navy  cease its piracy and stay out of Palestinian territorial waters? Would  you and I be able to visit Gaza direct?

Fat chance. None of this would suit Israel. So Gazans would be no better off. Their tormented half-existence would continue.

There  are no rockets coming out of the West Bank. Yet the illegal Israeli  occupation there continues and so does the ethnic cleansing, the land  theft, the illegal settlements, the colonization, the demolition of  Palestinian homes, the throttling of the economy, the abduction and  ‘administrative detention’ of civilians and the massive interference  with freedom of movement. Nothing has changed for West Bank Palestinians  who DO NOT fire rockets. There is no sign of an end to their misery.

The  bloody assault on Gaza therefore has much more to do with Israel’s  ambition to expand racial dominance in the Holy Land and make their  occupation permanent than crude and erratic rocket-fire from the  resistance. Hamas and the Palestinians holed up in Gaza are simply in  the way of the Grand Plan and have to be removed or totally subdued.

Nothing has changed – certainly not the aggression of the blood-soaked delinquents in Tel Aviv.

These words are printed on a tee-shirt I  sometimes wear. They cut through the propaganda crap straight to the  true cause of the recurring unpleasantness in Gaza (and the West Bank).

“They stole my land,

burnt my olive trees,

destroyed my house,

took my water,

bombed my country,

imprisoned my father,

killed my mother,

took my job,

starved us all,

humiliated us all,

But I am to blame:   I shot a rocket back.


So they stole more of my land,

burnt my olive trees,

destroyed my house,

took my water,

bombed my country….”  "


By  Stuart Littlewood
14 July 2014
Dissident Voice

Comments